After-Care Instructions for Temporary Crowns
If you received anesthesia, do not chew until the numbness has subsided.
- Avoid chewing for at least an hour.
- Avoid eating hard or sticky foods, such as chewing gum, and chew on the opposite side of the mouth if possible.
- Brush as usual, but floss with care. When flossing, remove floss from the side of the tooth.
- Use a desensitizing toothpaste if teeth are sensitive to heat, cold, or pressure, but contact our office if sensitivity increases or persists beyond a few days.
- Contact us if the crown comes off, and save it so that it can be re-cemented.
- It is important that the temporary crown stay in place to ensure the proper fit of the permanent crown
If you have any discomfort:
- Medications including antibiotics should be taken only as directed.
- Rinse mouth three times a day with warm water to which one teaspoon of salt has been added.
Call us at 561.777.8980 if your bite feels uneven, if you have persistent sensitivity or discomfort, or if you have any other concerns.