Care Instructions for Home Teeth Whitening
- Total treatment time is usually 2 – 3 applications
- Some cases may take longer
- Make sure you brush and floss thoroughly prior to each treatment.
- The bleaching gel can work better if it is in contact with the tooth rather than plaque buildup.
- Mild sensitivity to cold liquids or air may occur.
- This usually passes a few days after treatment is completed.
- If the sensitivity is severe or persists, discontinue using the films and contact our office.
- A wavy white line will remain in the tray- It is the glue that holds the strip in the packaging
- Put your films in and push along the teeth
- First time- Wear films for 1 hour or less if sensitivity occurs
- All other times- Wear trays at least 2 hours or less if sensitivity occurs. You can wear the films overnight. You cannot eat or drink while wearing the trays
- When you remove your films be ready to brush your teeth. If you have worn them less than two hours, rinse with warm water before attempting to remove them.
Possible Side Effects
- Whitening works best on yellow stained teeth. Gray teeth are more difficult to whiten, or may not respond to treatment. Such cases may require porcelain veneers to achieve the desired result.
- Long term results vary from patient to patient. This can depend on many factors including habits such as coffee, tea, wine, or cola consumption and smoking.
- Keep any strips that you have left over for touch-ups. This could be once a month or once every six months. Depending on your habits (smoking, coffee, etc). Touch-ups should require only wearing the trays once or twice to bring back the brightness.
- If you have any questions please call @ 561.777.8980 or email us at email@example.com